Porcelain Veneers in Brooklyn Cosmetic Dentistry Center. We are using only the best quality materials available in US. Porcelain Veneer has been the material of choice for the most aesthetic dental veneers as well as crowns.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are sometimes called teeth veneers, dental veneers, or dental jackets. All are the same thing, and are extremely thin pieces of porcelain that have been custom shaped to fit over the front surface of your tooth.
Teeth veneers can also cover the biting or incisal edge of the tooth when necessary. They are bonded or cemented onto the prepared tooth, and once in place are reasonably strong.
What are Dental Veneers Used For?
Dental veneers are pretty versatile, and are frequently used as part of a smile makeover. They can also be placed on teeth that have been straightened through orthodontic treatment, but which aren’t quite the right shape to give that perfect smile.
Dental veneers can be used for:
- Repairing minor cracks and chips in teeth, or for replacing biting edges that have worn down
- To hide a badly discolored tooth that cannot be bleached during laser teeth whitening, for example teeth that have been discolored due to orthodontic treatment, root canal therapy, dental fluorosis, or through antibiotic use
- To close up or minimize spaces in between teeth
- Correcting a tooth that is rotated or out of alignment
- Correcting teeth that are too small or which are oddly shaped
If you are interested in getting top quality dental veneers in Brooklyn then you will need at least three trips to our dental office.
Porcelain Veneers Process
1. The first is for your consultation, and to decide if dental veneers are right for you. Your dentist may want to take x-rays, and possibly impressions of your teeth, especially if you intend to have a substantial number placed.
2. The next appointment will be to prepare your teeth. This is done under local anesthetic as the Brooklyn cosmetic dentist Dr. Epelboym will need to remove a small amount of the front surface of your tooth.
Dental veneers are approximately 0.5mm thick. Once the teeth have been prepared then an impression will be taken of your teeth and sent to our in-house dental laboratory. At this stage we may place temporary veneers to help reduce any sensitivity in your teeth.
3. The final appointment is for fitting the veneers. Your veneers will be tried in to make sure the fit and color is perfect, and you can approve your new smile before it is cemented into position. This stage can take quite some time as it is often necessary to make minor adjustments to the fit, especially if you are having several veneers fitted at once.
How long do Veneers Last?
With good professional dental care, and good dental care at home, you can expect your veneers to last up to ten years or possibly a little longer before they need replacing. Teeth veneers can be brushed and flossed in exactly the same way as your natural teeth. Dental veneers are reasonably strong, but you do need to treat them with respect.
If your porcelain veneers will form part of a smile makeover, then your dentist will probably suggest whitening your teeth prior to veneering. The reason for this is because it is far easier to match the shade of your new porcelain veneers to your teeth, than to try to bleach your teeth to blend in with your porcelain veneers.
2017 America’s Top Cosmetic Dentistry Center
Dr. Dmitry Epelboym is a best rated dentist in Brooklyn. Nationally recognized as 2017 America’s Top Cosmetic Dentist. He is a leading dentist sited in prominent media outlets. At Cosmetic Dentistry Center in Brooklyn, you’ll find compassionate dental care you can trust.
We pursue perfection; you will be surprised by knowledge, accuracy and professionalism of our staff. Our Cosmetic Dentistry Center in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, NY location equipped with in-house laboratory and newest low radiation 3D scanning equipment. Come in see it for yourself.
Do you have any questions about Porcelain or Dental Veneers? Would you like to schedule an appointment with a best dentist in Brooklyn, Dr. Epelboym of Cosmetic Dentistry Center, please contact our office for consultation with a top dental specialist.
Cosmetic Dentistry Center
Dr. Dmitry Epelboym (Brooklyn Dentist)
7708 4th Avenue
Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, NY 11209